શનિવાર, 31 જાન્યુઆરી, 2015

Lofting in miniature


Better men than I have fallen before they started cutting wood.
Lofting seems so complicated that it puts many people off building designs that dont come with templates. So instead of stripping out the study and turning it back into a loft I plan to try the whole thing in miniature.
Gartsides #127 is 10 long with about 4 of beam. If I draw the stations (half-breadths) off to the side of the buttock lines and develop the transom the other side the lofting will end up at least 16 long. I cant tie up 16 of space while I slowly, painfully learn to loft. But I might be able to tie up 4 of wall space indefinitely.
So heres the plan. Ill cut a piece of plywood the right size for a 1/4 scale lofting, screw it to the study wall and have at it.
Less wear on the knees, we get to use the study and when I finish Ill leave a decorative lines plan!
How many times have you got to the end of a job and only then felt you knew what you were doing?

0 ટિપ્પણી(ઓ):

ટિપ્પણી પોસ્ટ કરો